• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S9 makes chime sound when turned on face... kinda.

Hey there. I'm really just super curious about this, though honestly it's pretty inconsequential.

I was laying in bed and checked my phone. I turned the phone on it's face and put it down, I guess a bit more firmly than usual. When I did this, the phone made a couple of quick chime sounds. I repeated this and it continues to do it. I obviously don't want to test this on any harder surface than my latex matress, but seems like a consistent thing. Sounds like a high pitched, delicate glass bell type of tone.

Does anybody know what this is? It's not quite the easiest thing to search for with google, so figure I'd come here and make this, my second post ever. It's dumb, but I'm dying of curiosity :D:D:D

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones