• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameloft games for Android!

Nice way to avoid answering your refund request. They didn't even give a timeline so for all you know, it could be months (ala Hero update) before they release something. I know the cost is not worth the time to argue about, but I wonder if you went to the credit card and complained that they sold you a faulty product and want to reverse the charges, if enough people did that then visa/mastercard would flag that site and not process anymore.

For the cost of the game your credit card company will just automatically credit you back the charge. They have a policy about filling disputes unless the charge is a certain amount. And $5 is so low they will just reverse the charge for you instead of going through the trouble of disputing the charge with the merchant.

Upvote 0
Here's an emial I got from Gameloft...

----- Reply message -----

Date: Fri, Jun 18, 2010 4:12 pm
Subject: [Tech Support #MPJ-XXXXX-967] Support form contact
To:

Hello,

For the moment, we are having some problems with the HD+ games. We are following this problem closely and we’ll get back to you as soon as we fix this issue. We apologize for this.
When this problem it’s fixed you will be contacted by our team with a new link for the game you bought.

Thanks for the patience,
Regards

I, personally will never do bussness with BS-loft again / till they are in the google market place! I have over 40 emails that go back and forth between us talking about how there having issues and what not!!! I don't care!
I bought the games Modern Combat, Nova and Dungeon Hunter. Nova works just fine (with a little lag on my EVO, didn't see that coming) Dungeon Hunter just reboots and Modern Combat just force closes.

I'd add the rest of the emails, but it's pointless... I wan't my games and gameloft is taking there sweet time! They took my money and can't deliver a working product and won't refund my money!

Becarful, if your going to buy from them thinking you're getting a product know that your only getting a headache!!! Enjoy your future purchase! I'm making it my personal mission to spread the news, I'm asking everyone share there experiance with as many sites and blogs or whatever, maybe dung-loft will get the point!

EDIT***
I just re-wrote via their website...

***I'm still waiting on a responce to why I can't get a working version of these games(Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter)!!! What is the hold up!!! Know that I promised to begin posting my disgust with your policies and practices and have begun to do so. Note that I am not the only one. We're happy to see you come to Android; however, we're not pleased to see you come in a half hearted fashion as such! I for one would like to see you either all in or ALL OUT!!!!***

Upvote 0
Nice that they're still selling games that don't work... a better company would at least suspend the sales page, or at least put up a notice for HD+ buyers until they have fixed the problem. I'm surprised nobody has asked for a refund, but instead are just waiting for a fix...

that was a response to asking for a refund

I just bought Dungeon Hunter for my HTC Desire, and i get the exact same problem.... grrr....

Update:
just recieved this mail from customer support:

update update:

upon asking what games worked for the HTC desire atm i recieved this

I too received an emal stating that I could have my pick of the HD+ games listed and told them I didn't want them... I also said why not give me Assasins Creed and Asphalt as a sorry you had to wait for our broken app's. I ordered mine on the 4th of this month and I can't beleive the BS I've had to deal with so far!

I was very surprised they sent me Asphalt 5 and then later this morning Assasins Creed, when I asked if this was complementary they said...

Hi!
I'm glad to hear that you successfully downloaded your game!!!
Of course this is a compensation game, and it is free. As soon, as your games Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter are fixed, I'll resend you the links to download!!!
Thank you so much for your understanding!
- Hide quoted text -
Regards,
-------------------------------
Roman Garmash
Customer Care Representative
Mobile Games - iPhone Games, Android Games Downloads - Top Games for Mobile | Gameloft

Upvote 0
I'm confused by this. What is the hd+ games? I have an EVO and when i go to gameloft website on my phone it shows me 11 games i can download direct from the site and it will charge my sprint account. Are you saying the Dungeon Hunter game isnt working right now? And whats the HD+ all about. Are these games really optimized for phones with higher resolution displays like the EVO and droid or are they just iphone ports with iphone resolutions?

Upvote 0
Ok this is turn out for the books. Just got a mail (I'll copy the mail in when I work out how to copy text from an email using my phone) the long n short of it was that they have fixed the issue with Dungeon Hunter and the desire and gave me link to download the latest apk. Worked a treat.

Wonders will never cease. As for the game itself have not had a proper go yet but it looks promising

One amazed gameloft hunter

Will

Upvote 0
Ok this is turn out for the books. Just got a mail (I'll copy the mail in when I work out how to copy text from an email using my phone) the long n short of it was that they have fixed the issue with Dungeon Hunter and the desire and gave me link to download the latest apk. Worked a treat.

Wonders will never cease. As for the game itself have not had a proper go yet but it looks promising

One amazed gameloft hunter

Will

Upvote 0
I also just got an SMS from gameloft for a new installer for Dungeon Hunter. To be honest, when I bought the game from their site a couple weeks ago and it wouldn't install properly, I had written it off as a lesson learned. Very nice of them to come through and forward a fixed installer.

I have played this game ten minutes on my over clocked Droid and all I can say is "Awesome!" Excellent graphics and very intuitive on-screen controls. This game on this device easily rivals anything I've seen on the PSP. Easily worth the $5 I paid for it.

Upvote 0
Here is the e-mail I got

Hello,

As you may know, we were having some issues with the HD+ games. After a big effort, we found the issue, isolated it and the most important, we fixed it.

We apologize for all the problems you could encounter regarding this matter.

We are contacting you in order to give you a new and fresh link for the game you have bought.

To have the game working as it should, please follow these steps:

- Uninstall the game

- Delete the SD data saved on the card (the folders below)

o Examples:

For Hawx: SDCard\gameloft\games\Hawx

- Install the game from this link: URL Gameloft

If you have any problems with this, don’t hesitate on contact us.

Regards,
Pablo Fernandez De Luco
Customer Care Representative
Mobile Games - iPhone Games, Android Games Downloads - Top Games for Mobile | Gameloft

Upvote 0
Hi,

I bought Dungeon Hunter (used Droid choice) and had problems installing and running for for 3 weeks (On my Evo). I had various issues, including " not original copy" and reboots / force close. Gameloft kept sending new versions, and kept in touch daily.

They fixed it a few days ago, and it works!

They were very good at follow up, and very courteous. They explained the issues and never gave up.

They have a loyal customer here.

Upvote 0
I updated my Nexus to Froyo and did a wipe not thinking I'd lose my copy of Let's Golf! for my Nexus One.

I pinged Gameloft support an email on Friday evening and got a response from them this morning stating the following:

Hello,

As you may know, we were having some issues with the HD+ games. After a big effort, we found the issue, isolated it and the most important, we fixed it.

We apologize for all the problems you could encounter regarding this matter.

We are contacting you in order to give you a new and fresh link for the game you have bought.

To have the game working as it should, please follow these steps:

- Uninstall the game

- Delete the SD data saved on the card (the folders below)

o Examples:

For Hawx: SDCard\gameloft\games\Hawx

- Install the game from this link:[removed]

If you have any problems with this, don

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones