• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get an Atrix for free!!

Long time lurker here...

Just called my local BB and asked about buyback. The lady said that it's free for a week or so, but after that there will be a fee.

I explained the scenario:

Upgrade a line to the Inspire AT Best Buy (not ATT), and return it via buyback and buy the Atrix.

She said if it's within 30 days, I'll be able to return the Inspire through buyback and still retain my upgrade eligibility. She said I'd be able to get the Atrix at the discounted price as well.

Does she know what she's talking about? I hope so.

Upvote 0
Long time lurker here...

Just called my local BB and asked about buyback. The lady said that it's free for a week or so, but after that there will be a fee.

I explained the scenario:

Upgrade a line to the Inspire AT Best Buy (not ATT), and return it via buyback and buy the Atrix.

She said if it's within 30 days, I'll be able to return the Inspire through buyback and still retain my upgrade eligibility. She said I'd be able to get the Atrix at the discounted price as well.

Does she know what she's talking about? I hope so.

I don't know what buyback is but you have 30 days from the purchase of your phone to return it. So if you return it within 30 days, you can either get back the $99 that you paid for the Inspire, or you can apply that $99 to another phone purchase, which in this case would be the Atrix and then you would just pay the difference. I believe most 3rd party retailers have it listed for $149 so you're basically only paying an extra $50 for the Atrix.

I bought my Inspire from Sams' Club and I'm test driving it for 30 days. If within that 30 day time frame, the Atrix gets released and I decide on getting the Atrix, then I'll do exactly what I just posted above.

Upvote 0
just buy the black tie protection insurance from them and if u get ur phone wet or break it they will give u the option of getting a new phone at retail value of the phone even though u got it for free, or they will replace it with a brand new one, thus you can put that retail value toward the new atrix or whatever other new phone comes out:)

Upvote 0
just buy the black tie protection insurance from them and if u get ur phone wet or break it they will give u the option of getting a new phone at retail value of the phone even though u got it for free, or they will replace it with a brand new one, thus you can put that retail value toward the new atrix or whatever other new phone comes out:)

Do they give you the option of picking any phone you want with the black tie protection...or if your current phone is still in stock they they just give you a new one? I currently have the black tie protection for my captivate but I wasn't sure if bb would give me a new captivate or let me pick a new phone.

Upvote 0
people like this make me angry. Do people not realize that this is why most places have a restocking fee. That returned phone is pretty much a 100% loss as it cannot be sold as new again.

Guess what, just do it the right way. I deal with people like this all the time and then tend to get pissed when their little scam doesn't work. If you can't afford the price of the phone don't buy it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones