• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting wireless tether on Orange working

I've got a rooted Desire running and have installed the Modaco r9 rom.

I'm trying to get wireless hotspot working. Pre-rooting with the branded Orange ROM I managed to get it working by following the instructions here.

I can't get it working now. I am able to connect to the adhoc hotspot, but can't browse when connected to it.

Any help appreciated!

Make sure USB De-Bugging is checked! We really need more info to help.

No, I don't think it is. I shall give that a go when I get home.

Otherwise, what details do you need? I am somewhat of a android noob, I'm afraid. I thought it might have something to do with the APN settings as the Consumer Broadband APN seems to be missing.

Many thanks

d_c

Upvote 0
Check that your ROM supports it first. I had this problem when I updated to Orange Froyo but since I rooted and installed Leedroid the problem has vanished. I'm about to flash Cyanogen when they've finished the RC (Release Canditate), I know Cyanogen users have had issues with Orange devices with the radio, you might have the same problem. Have you tried another ROM?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones