• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gift for a friend

Would like to upgrade one of my co-worker's phone for her birthday. She's on the Walmart Family Mobile plan so i'm limited to their selection but came across this Galaxy Avant. Seems like a good mid-range phone for a decent price and wanted to get some direct user info, e.g. pros and cons. TIA.
Pros: It's an amazing mid range smart phone, its snappy, storage is big, battery lasts me all day with moderate use and streaming music for about 8 hours. Storage us expandable that's always a plus.
Cons: its not HD straight out if the box, it does lag just a little here and there from Samsung's amazing bloatware and touchwiz. At some points it kinda feels like Samsung is trying to force you to use their apps like when you set a launcher over your stock one, it pops up a warning and tells you how to clear the defaults. There's no ART support, there is no update for lollipop anywhere in the near future (even though some say there is, its a mid-range phone from Samsung they aren't really caring about getting the latest and greatest software on one of their lower end phone (aka not a flagship).

Reactions: Blu8 and JesseBanks
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones