• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread Update - lost photos?

Crosley123

May 12, 2010
Updated our second Verizon Incredible to Gingerbread using the over the air update. Everything seemed to go well and the phone rebooted successfully. All programs appear intact *so far*.

But....all the photos on the phone disappeared? Nothing else seems affected. Is this a bug? Are they really there someplace?

Thanks in advance...:thinking:

I just had the same issue a few days ago. Clicked on my album to send someone a pic and I get an error message saying no albums detected, even though I had 99 pics on there. Freaked out, rebooted a bunch of times and nothing changed. A few days later in the morning, my phone rebooted on it's own and everything came back. I also lost my personal ringtone, along with the pics and that came back too. Very weird, but I'm back to normal now. Hope it works out for you. Good luck.

Upvote 0
I had that happen as well (I have over 400 pics, but the majority are backed up) I freaked out and tried a bunch of stuff. What ended up happening is it was searching the wrong place for the pics (I had them saved on the phone and it was searching on the SD card.) I copied the file to the SD card and it found them from both places. Then I just deleted one and haven't had any problems again. Was a HUGE pain, but I got them all back :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones