• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread Update Question

Typhoonturki

Dec 20, 2011
Here's my question. I just got my EVO 4G, i rooted it, installed the sprint lovers all in one rom and everything is working just fine. Howver when I go into look if there are software update I see that there is one for 2.3. it System Upgrade 4.53.651.1.

I download this and go to upgrade and I get the Triangle with an exclamation point when it goes to install the update. Now I am a noob to rooting and roms. Is there a need to update this software after I have rooted and flashed a rom? If so do I need to go back to my stock set up and upgrade, or is there another reason its not installing the system upgrade. Help please! :)

Here's my question. I just got my EVO 4G, i rooted it, installed the sprint lovers all in one rom and everything is working just fine. Howver when I go into look if there are software update I see that there is one for 2.3. it System Upgrade 4.53.651.1.

I download this and go to upgrade and I get the Triangle with an exclamation point when it goes to install the update. Now I am a noob to rooting and roms. Is there a need to update this software after I have rooted and flashed a rom? If so do I need to go back to my stock set up and upgrade, or is there another reason its not installing the system upgrade. Help please! :)

Upvote 0
NEVER ACCEPT OTA UPDATES WHILE ROOTED!

Sorry for the caps, but it IS that important. Accepting an OTA could unroot you and prevent you from being able to root again untill somebody finds out a new hack (which could take months). In order to "upgrade" now.... all you do is flash a ROM with that update already pre-packaged. Most ROMS that are still being actively updated will update their ROM as soon as the update comes out.

Upvote 0

DO NOT ACCEPT AN OTA ON A ROOTED PHONE. if you need an update then download a ROM that contains the update you need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones