• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread upgrade - looses call duration in call history!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow..Thank you! I am downloading it now. It will amaze me if this works!! I had lost hope since there were no replies to my calls to address the obvious problems.

Thanks again!!:)

Good luck,I was in the same boat:
2.2 was great almost perfect.
Rushed to update 2.3.3 = failed with bugs like sense reboot/camera lock reboots/speech to txt
2.3.4 - minor update did nothing
2.3.5 - confirm all bugs names above fixed along with Voice Search App update.

Reactions: abehicks
Upvote 0
I just installed the new update. The jury is out on it. There still is no call duration and that screen does not go into landscape display. I tried the mic. and it works, but that worked intermittantly before. The biggest problem was in rebooting, escpecially in GPS/driving mode. I often use it and had to pull over to wait for reboots only to have it reboot again in less than one minute.

Upvote 0
I just installed the new update. The jury is out on it. There still is no call duration and that screen does not go into landscape display. I tried the mic. and it works, but that worked intermittantly before. The biggest problem was in rebooting, escpecially in GPS/driving mode. I often use it and had to pull over to wait for reboots only to have it reboot again in less than one minute.

I use an dialer/call log app called AContact from the Mrket that is free.
so I have none of your issues.

The mic has worked fine from day one for me. it was Google's Voice Search that broke & got repaired.

My Google Nav has been perfect from day 1 really.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Reactions: abehicks
Upvote 0
So far it has not rebooted itself, but it only does then when warm and heavily used. The jury is still out.

On the mic., it still does not work all the time. I often have to cancel, then restart the mic. function. It does not work first shot normally. It may also take a little time to start up, not sure. The call log is gone, I lost so much data I wanted. But thanks for the reccomend on that app. Much appreciated! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones