1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Gizmondo: Android Gaming Device

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Rob, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator Thread Starter

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    This is pretty epic... Android's first gaming device is going to be "Gizmondo". It actually came out in 2005 but the company collapsed because they were all mafia people running it LOL. LITERALLY!

Now all the bad guys are in jail and the founder is apparently relaunching it. This is definitely something to watch. Sony should have come out with a Playstation Phone a long time ago so... maybe this thing is actually going to fill a need.

Check it out:
    http://phandroid.com/2008/09/11/gizmondo-androids-1st-gaming-device/

Advertisement

2. irishgandalf

irishgandalf Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2008
    I call meh on this one, coz i'll be getting the HTC Dream anyways (how soon depends on the release price) and the only thing stopping u playing all the games that u can on the gizmondo on the Dream is the differences in the CPU and ram ( the gizmondo likely to have mush more of both). But i find that i'd not be interested in anything above snes level (possibly N64).

3. eli

eli Member

Oct 17, 2008
    I wouldn't pay much attention. The first Gizmondo was a scam to steal investor's money. It'd be silly to think the second is any different.

4. Durf

Durf Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Engineer
    Haha, I remember that vividly. The Ferrari crash on T.V.. I sure hope this is not a scam. It would be a really nice push for the open source community.