1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

glass screen and digitiser cracked help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by meatloaf860, Jun 29, 2010.

1. meatloaf860

meatloaf860 New Member

Jun 29, 2010
    i have a htc hero and the glass screen which is in front of the LCD and is attached to the digitiser has cracked. The screen still works its just got one crack at the top of the phone

i have bought a replacement from ebay and just wondered if anyone knows of a guide which explains how to change or any one can tell me how to change the glass?

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Hang on, which type of hero do you have?

[​IMG]

(I have to ask because we get a lot of Sprint users over here in the GSM forum. And obviously replacing the screen will be a different process for the two phones).

3. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Software engineer
    UK
    dlente83's link is for the sprint hero. If you have the GSM hero then you can still buy all of the parts you need on ebay. Then refer to the official Hero_Service_Manual.pdf for step-by-step guides on how to replace pretty much any part of your hero:

[edit] Hmmmm... on second thoughts removed the link to the manual as it's probably HTC copyright and thus i'm probably breaking forum rules by posting a direct link. Mods: let me know if its ok and i'll re-add the link, otherwise.... well... google is your friend innit?

4. meatloaf860

meatloaf860 New Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I have the gsm on the right, searching google only seems to come up with repair guides for the sprint I don't know if you could email me that pdf or something that would be cool? My email is liam860@hotmail.com

5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

Jan 11, 2010
    Driver
    W Midlands, UK
    Post moved to Sprint Hero forum.

6. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    student
    Croatia
    There are two videos on Youtube showing how to disassemble and replace screens and then reassemble the Hero.

How to disassemble HTC Hero

How to assemble/reassemble HTC Hero

Very detailed and precise videos.

Tags: