• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

glass screen and digitiser cracked help?

meatloaf860

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
i have a htc hero and the glass screen which is in front of the LCD and is attached to the digitiser has cracked. The screen still works its just got one crack at the top of the phone

i have bought a replacement from ebay and just wondered if anyone knows of a guide which explains how to change or any one can tell me how to change the glass?

Hang on, which type of hero do you have?

Sprint-HTC-Hero-vs-WCDMA-HTC-HERO.jpg

(I have to ask because we get a lot of Sprint users over here in the GSM forum. And obviously replacing the screen will be a different process for the two phones).

Upvote 0
dlente83's link is for the sprint hero. If you have the GSM hero then you can still buy all of the parts you need on ebay. Then refer to the official Hero_Service_Manual.pdf for step-by-step guides on how to replace pretty much any part of your hero:

[edit] Hmmmm... on second thoughts removed the link to the manual as it's probably HTC copyright and thus i'm probably breaking forum rules by posting a direct link. Mods: let me know if its ok and i'll re-add the link, otherwise.... well... google is your friend innit?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones