• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail App not syncing correctly

kingdave

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Manchester
The Gmail app on my Samsung Galaxy Portal/Lite/Spica (i5700) doesn't seem to be syncing mail correctly when previously it was.

I have updated via Odin to Eclair, however the problem was there in 1.5 and I was hoping 2.1 fixed it. Curiously, the issue wasn't there when I first got the phone and it is a relatively recent issue.

When I read a mail in the Gmail app it should mark as read, however when I log on to Gmail from a PC it still shows as unread. But the phone will still mark it as unread.

How do I make the Gmail app show all mail read through it as read when I log on via a PC?

Hope thats not too confusing!!

Thanks

My phone was doing this earlier today. I found a solution to get your gmail app marking mail as read on the server again. Go into settings-applications-gmail and clear the data on the app then open gmail again and it will re-sync your mail. This will fix the problem or at least it did for me. This also solves issues of the app not sending messages.

Upvote 0
My phone was doing this earlier today. I found a solution to get your gmail app marking mail as read on the server again. Go into settings-applications-gmail and clear the data on the app then open gmail again and it will re-sync your mail. This will fix the problem or at least it did for me. This also solves issues of the app not sending messages.

Clear data and cache then reboot the phone;) Everything should sync properly then

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones