1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support gmail app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonyburton, May 28, 2011.

1. tonyburton

tonyburton Lurker
    None

May 28, 2011
    Hi everyone

I experience some very strange behaviour with the gmail app, and I wondered if anyone has had the same problem has managed to solve it. The problem is that after using the app and exiting, when I reopen the app, sometimes instead of seeing my inbox, the app automatically opens a message. It's not normally (I think never) the newest message, or a message I've recently edited or replied to

Advertisement

2. olskool

olskool Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    disabled
    Alabama in the woods.
    The app uses your browser. If you do not use browser in another app or surf after checking mail, the box stays" open". I have done this a lot and have gotten in the habit of 1. Force stop ( browser ) 2. Navigate to browser home page after I'm. done w/ mail. And sometimes remember to sign out since my phone remembers me anyway.

3. tonyburton

tonyburton Lurker
    None

May 28, 2011
    Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, though. When you say the box stays open, what do you mean? My problem is that when I go back into gmail it has often randomly opened a message that I didn't open when last using the app. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I use the browser inbetween or not.