• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail - Phone contact sync issue

I can't figure out this sync thing. I'm losing contacts in my gmail.

Here's what happened: Sprint put my contacts from my old phone onto my new moment. They magically showed up in my gmail (which had no contacts before), I do not have auto sync turned on. I imported my email contacts from Thunderbird into my gmail. I merged and deleted (in gmail) until I had everything perfect. I had 80+ contacts. I grab my phone and do a sync. It had some problems that I think had to do with a poor signal. The new contacts showed up on my phone, except some were missing and some were doubled. I deleted the doubles from the phone. Now my gmail only had 55 contacts. I grabbed my old phone and entered the ones that were missing. I had 79 contacts in my gmail again. I logged out and back in and still 79. I did a sync with my phone and I have 80 in it. I had an old contact in my phone and not in gmail. I figured by syncing it should add that contact back to gmail, so I log out and back in and I only have 66 contacts now.

What is going on? I don't want to have to keep adding in contacts that get deleted. Any ideas?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones