• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Problems

HarryMonkey

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
First, thanks for such a great forum. I appreciate all the information I've read on here.

This is probably a newb question, but I just started having a problem reading gmail email on my Vibrant. Until about 5 hours ago, I was able to delete emails via a checkbox on the left of the screen, just like gmail on a regular computer. All of a sudden, i can see the email list, but the check boxes are gone. Has this happened to anyone before?

First, thanks for such a great forum. I appreciate all the information I've read on here.

This is probably a newb question, but I just started having a problem reading gmail email on my Vibrant. Until about 5 hours ago, I was able to delete emails via a checkbox on the left of the screen, just like gmail on a regular computer. All of a sudden, i can see the email list, but the check boxes are gone. Has this happened to anyone before?

Welcome to the forum!

Try rebooting your phone. If it's still doing the same thing try this:

Go into Menu-Settings-Applications-manage applications.

Find the Gmail app and clear all data. Then allow for the app to re-sync to Gmail. That might do the trick

Reactions: HarryMonkey
Upvote 0
Thanks so much, clearing the data did the trick. Is this something that will happen a lot? I don't remember it doing this with my G1

Thanks again

I wouldn't say a lot. But my problem was that when I would delete emails from my phone, they were still there on my computer.
Clearing the data fixed that sync issue.
No problems since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones