• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail show new mail in Hotmail map

Peztis

Lurker
Nov 26, 2017
Have no idea if this is the right forum but here we go ...

In my Hotmail account I received comments from my blog that are sent to a dedicated folder so it does not fill up the inbox. In my previous Windows phone I could make a shortcut on the home screen so I was informed when someone had sent me a comment. Worked like a charm, in my little opinion. I did not have to move mails from the inbox to another folder all the time.

Since a few weeks back I am a kind of reluctant but proud owner of a Moto 5Gs Plus. Still trying to make it "mine". One thing that bothers me is that I cannot find this function in the Gmail app nor if I use the Windows mail app (which I finally deleted since I was notified of all new e-mails twice).

Is there some way of seeing/getting notified when receiving new mails that are sent directly to a special folder, i.e not the inbox?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones