• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail vs Email

I have a Hotmail and a Gmail account and obviously use the Gmail app for my Gmail.

I believe if you have an android phone u should have a Gmail account as your primary account. You can link it in with contacts, latitude, talk etc.

Nicer layout on Gmail app. Sync folders etc.

Exactly... Gmail is for gmail accounts, and Email is for msn, yahoo and all that.
Gmail has better syncin and you are using Android, so using it as your primary email makes things neater and easier ;)

Upvote 0
I have Gmail account and tried the Gmail app but notice the emails I saw cannot be found at a later stage. I am unsure if it is unstable or for what ever reason the seem emails disappear randomly. Any idea?

Settings > Labels > Inbox

select how many days to sync.

But if you keep scrolling down your list of emails the older emails should start loading as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones