• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gmail web base inbox, and phone inbox?

error404

Nov 29, 2009
I've started to notice that some emails that I recieve on my phone aren't visible when I go to check my gmail on a regular computer (through the standard web-based gmail, no outlook or anything).

I've noticed that I can search for the emails and it finds them, and apparently some of the ones that I have viewed on my phone are not marked with the "inbox" label, and thus don't show up on my regular gmail on a standard computer. I don't think it does this every time though, I've only just now noticed it, so I'll be looking for a pattern to see what's going on.

So, as far as I know I've not changed any of the settings in my gmail application on my Droid. I'm using the "Gmail" app, not the "Email" app.

Should I maybe be using the "Email" app instead? Or is there a setting I can change somewhere so that I see regular inbox emails when I log on to the web-based Gmail with my regular computer? I've only got one gmail account.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones