• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gmail widget... not just "inbox"

slade

Dec 6, 2009
Do this: +(Add to home)>shortcut>gmail label

See the list of all the gmail folders? Is there an app that will bring up this list without having to add all these icons to a home screen individually? Clicking the folders in this screen just adds them to the home screen, but I don't want that many icons. I just want one icon to launch a list of all these items. I have searched this forum and the market to no avail....

thanks!

No, that is just a shortcut to Gmail. I'm talking about an actual Gmail "widget" that will display the unread email count on the main screen. I tried both the "Gmail" and "Inbox" shortcuts and they are just that, static icons, they don't display anything like a true widget does. The HTC widget will but I don't like using that program because it is not 'push'. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
No, that is just a shortcut to Gmail. I'm talking about an actual Gmail "widget" that will display the unread email count on the main screen. I tried both the "Gmail" and "Inbox" shortcuts and they are just that, static icons, they don't display anything like a true widget does. The HTC widget will but I don't like using that program because it is not 'push'. Am I missing something?

I use this :) its just a counter but shows you how many email and such you have in your gmail...

Gmail Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain

install it, then go to add new widget and you will find it :) has plenty of different looks and works like a charm, i use it with this app which does the same but for your SMS's

SMS Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones