• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Good Enterprise Messaging Issue

sapo

Lurker
Feb 16, 2011
May want to re-think the Tbolt for a bit if you use Good for your corporate email. They don't yet have it set up for the 73666 feature code that's required for it to work.

I never even though to check on that. I didn't realize that Enterprise Plan Feature Codes were specific to devices.

I'm a saaaad panda... :(

May want to re-think the Tbolt for a bit if you use Good for your corporate email. They don't yet have it set up for the 73666 feature code that's required for it to work.

I never even though to check on that. I didn't realize that Enterprise Plan Feature Codes were specific to devices.

I'm a saaaad panda... :(

Interesting. The TB is listed as a certified device on Good's website.

Upvote 0
WTH is Good? And Enterprise Plan codes? How do I find out if this phone will work with my enterprise server?

Similar to Blackberry Enterprise messaging except that's it device/OS agnostic; the major ones like iOS, Android and Palm at least. Managed enterprise messaging with device level encryption and remote wipe (app itself or device).

So it gives those of us with exceptions from the Blackberry system a way to get corporate email safely and have it paid for by the company while still using an iphone or android. Nice not having a $100 phone bill every month. :D

They had to go to third level support to see that the 73666 code wasn't actually added yet for this phone even though it is supposed to support it as part of the Enterprise data plan.

Upvote 0
I am really amazed and angry for such lack of competence on Verizon's part wherein they aren't really thinking through all the variables when launching a new phone. Here they are releasing a new phone geared towards both business and personal users and it appears that their sales, technical & data teams have no information about critical network features that is so often required for corporate email sync.

When I took my phone back within couple of hours of buying it to resolve the Mobile Messaging feature code 73666 issue, everyone in store looked at me as if I am asking something that is completely uncommon. Please note that this is after turning on enterprise data plan which is a rip off in itself. By the way, this is not a any small mall kiosk. This is a large Verizon store within 15 mile radius of Verizon HQ in NJ (not that it matters).

No one has any information as to when this will be turned on either. Whats more intriguing is that other phones like HTC incredible & Droid X has this feature available. As others have said in this forum, it appears that Good for Enterprise has marked this device as Verizon "certified" from their support level perspective. I intend to call them on Monday to figure out what are their thoughts about lack of this specific code for HTC Thunderbolt. Maybe they have some work around?

Upvote 0
I called Verizon about this yesterday and was lucky to get a great support tech on the phone. He said basically the same thing that customers are saying - "people" were in such a rush to release the phone that they didn't think through the issue. He put in a request for a code and told me it may take until Tuesday, but the code was added to my plan today and Good's working fine on my Thunderbolt now.

Upvote 0
I have Good working on my T-Bolt. Just contact Good tech support and they can give you a temporary authorization while VZW figures things out. It says my authorization will expire in 10 days. But good works fine. Hopefully they can add the feature code by then.

Opps missed the email above. Well it worked all weekend with the workaround. Will call VZW soon to add the feature code.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones