• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Good keyboard for email in landscape mode?

g3ismeee

Lurker
May 12, 2011
I really like Better Keyboard 7 or 8, except when I want to write an email it covers the edit window. I haven't found this to be an issue with any other app in landscape except the stock email program. The stock Touch keyboard is OK for typing in landscape, but it sucks in portrait mode, where Better Keyboard shines. Also the features in Better Keyboard are better. Does anyone have any tricks, suggestions, apps that perform well without covering the edit window in email landscape mode? Thanks.

There are slider controls for "key height" in the settings for both landscape and portrait modes. One just has to reduce the key height for landscape if one wants to use it in landscape for email. The only issue with that is it kind of defeats the purpose of better keyboard's big keys. The issue is really with the Send / Save / Discard buttons of the email editor. They are ridiculously large, and don't leave much room for the keyboard. This kinds of sucks because I love the Better Keyboard in landscape mode for all other typing applications I have used. :-/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones