• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google contacts not syncing correctly

kevinx

Jun 24, 2010
HTC Desire. Google Contacts on pc (and laptop) and phone.

These USED TO sync okay between each media. Whatever I changed on the pc/Laptop, would be reflected on the phone, and whatever I changed on the phone, would be reflected on the pc/Laptop. For the last week or so this has not been happening. Whether I change, add, or delete, on the pc/laptop or mobile phone, these changes are NOT reflected on the other media :-(
The CALENDAR still syncs okay between the phone and pc/laptop.

Now, is this a phone issue? A Google issue? A sync issue? Has anyone else been having this problem, and have they been able to resolve this??

Thanks in anticipation,

Hi Kevinx, I've just posted a reply/& what fixed mine on the VF forum after your post. I had to do a factory reset but all is working perfectly now. Hope that helps.
Chris,
Apologies, I had not been monitoring this thread, thinking that I'd receive an e-mail notification of response.
Didn't really want to go down the "Hard Reset" route, for fear of losing all data. How did you get on with the restore??

Cheers

Upvote 0
Try deleting the data on your contacts storage app,that will delete any pics and linking of contacts you may of done NOT your contacts,

To do it click menu > settings > applications > manage applications > running > scroll to contacts storage then click clear data.

Your google contacts sync should work after that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones