• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Gesture

Ok, so I've checked it out and am not a big fan. It seems to work somewhat decently, but doesn't seem to find some of my contacts. Also, I tried searching for a calculator app and it only found one of the two I have installed. I have the default calculator and an advanced scientific calculator installed. It found the scientific one, but not the default one.

Kratos

Upvote 0
how hard is it to hit the magnifying glass and start typing a contacts name on the on-screen keyboard that makes running this app and drawing letters on the screen so much faster?

like someone else said, this isn't revolutionary.

i agree that it is a lab and and all that, so don't expect much. it's cool but nothing earth shattering and to me it is no faster (or slower) than using the search already built-in. hope it gets enough downloads to warrant integration into the OS.

i wish google would work on the obvious stuff before adding things like this. still waiting on search to search the notes field of my contacts so i don't need an app from the market for that. still waiting to be able to add a birthday or add a contact to a group. but i have yet another half-ass way to search. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones