• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Main Page force closes Browser

I set my homepage to Google as I do on all my phones (I am new to Sprint and new to the Samsung Moment as of August 2010). When I open my browser and it starts to load the google home page, where one searches the web, it will begin to acquire location then return to the home page with no other information or notice or change...I have read that turning off location in your browser is doable and at times it will work and say "Location Unavailable," but sometimes I still see "Acquiring Location" followed by the home screen. It also seems a bit much to have to go so far as to disable location. Perhaps it's to do with an installed app? I have no clue, any help is welcomed and thanked.

Reactions: Scandal

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones