• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps Issue

I searched and could not find a similiar issue. When I'm in googlemaps and have locked on to my location and have typed in a destination, the gps will follow me and show me on the map. However, when the arrow gets to the edge of the screen, it disappears and I have to move the map to keep it centered. In other words, it doesn't keep the map centered and I have to constantly keep moving the trackball or my finger over the window to follow me on the map. What am I doing wrong?

i dont hink your doing anything wrong, the google maps for htc hero is not the new turn by turn navigation so it probably wont follow you. IF (and its a big if) we hero users do get the update to android 2.1 then the new google maps navigation should come with it. If we do get it i think its down to your provider as to if/when they release it to you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones