• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Books Save Location

Have a try to check the folder as below on your device.
internal storage/data/data/com.google.android.apps.books/files/accounts/{your google account}/volumes

But it seems if you want to access your content of your Google Play books on Android device, you need to root your Android device because the folder is a protected system directory.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
Yeah, sadly that's what I'd expect: the corporations like to keep the media you paid for in a place where they control them rather than you. I don't suppose Google allow download of stuff that you uploaded in the first place (i.e. download the file rather than download to Google's app)? It may be a long shot, but I'd make sure there isn't something in the settings, or a way of doing it from their website.

To be honest, epubs don't take a lot of space so I'd personally have kept a copy anyway. One of my principles with ebooks is that if I paid for them I want a copy I control, which I can load and read on any device I want, rather than letting some corporation (Amazon, Google, Kobo, whoever) control my access to my books.

Reactions: James_Watson
Upvote 0
Have a try to check the folder as below on your device.
internal storage/data/data/com.google.android.apps.books/files/accounts/{your google account}/volumes

But it seems if you want to access your content of your Google Play books on Android device, you need to root your Android device because the folder is a protected system directory.

I connected my device to see hidden folders but ../com.google.android.apps.books/files folder is empty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones