• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play edition of Moto G released

I thought Google is giving it free for a year or two. What happens after it expires? I didn't accept the 50gb they offered with the MG for this reason.

I would think that it either goes away and you loose what ever is over the original 15 Gig (if you even have that much digital stuff), or you decide to buy into the extra space. I plan on excepting it, but don't really know that I'll fill it up. I've had Google for maybe 7 years now (Android for 3 years), and have only filled up 1 gig.

Upvote 0
I thought Google is giving it free for a year or two. What happens after it expires? I didn't accept the 50gb they offered with the MG for this reason.

You definitely keep the space, you just don't get any more. So let's say you've only used 50Gb out of 100Gb in two years, that's all you get. There's no way they would delete what you've stored. I mean, the Pixel comes with a terabyte of storage, you think they'd delete all that after two years?

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
You definitely keep the space, you just don't get any more. So let's say you've only used 50Gb out of 100Gb in two years, that's all you get. There's no way they would delete what you've stored. I mean, the Pixel comes with a terabyte of storage, you think they'd delete all that after two years?

Maybe they could lock it all unless you transfer it or buy more data.

Upvote 0
I am sooo disappointed that the phone I have been wanting for soooo long now could only be a 5 GB phone. I really don't think that's enough. What do yall think? I won't be playing any games on here. That's for my Nexus. I will mainly have pictures, videos, and social apps on the phone.

I just got the 8GB Moto G from a local Boost store ($138). I don't watch videos or anything like that so 8GB is just fine for me. I think if all you do is pictures, videos and social apps you should be fine, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones