• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play Music with a mind of its own

phredog

Jun 16, 2012
Singapore
Why does Google Play Music keep starting itself and sitting in the background?

I did not launch it. Every time I press the wake up button and enter my pin the widget says one process running. Sure enough it is Google Play Music every time.

If I was running Linux I cold set up a chon job that says killall musicplay every 30 min. Hahahahaha :)

My brother had an At&T branded phone that had a similar issue with some preloaded apps. He lost it and now has an S3 and it does not have the same issue.

I removed the updates, and it proceeded to re-update.

This time I removed the updates, then found it again under the "system apps". I threw it to the huge pile of disabled "problem-ware" along with voice talk, social hub, and all the other regional crap that comes pre-installed.

I did the same on my other android phone. I will help my brother do the same on his.

Upvote 0
Each Time I Reboot My Samsung Note .The Google Play Music Gives me a
an announcement that it has unexpectedly closed or stops.. would I like to report or cancel..Ever since the Google play updated this week..
I cleared the data and tried to uninstall...no luck
Any suggestions...
From App manager, select google music player.... Uninstall updates, Clear data, force stop, then exit....

Go back into the App manager and select all. Select the google music player again and Disable. It will be gone for good.

Reactions: Vipfreak
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones