• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Search Redirect

Hello All,

I've recently noticed an unusual thing going on when I perform a google search in my internet browser. I've noticed the message "please click here if you are not redirected within a few seconds" that appears briefly before the search results are given. Now the search results look different. There are only a few results per page and many times they are adds or not related to the search. Usually there is only one search result, related searches below that, then three or four adds.

I tried to clear out the browser data, cookies, etc. I also clicked on the "settings" button at the bottom of the google page and tried the blue "clear" button next to search history. Afraid I may have some malware, I ran the free Norton mobile app as well.

This is very strange because it only occurs when I perform a search. If I type an actual webpage I go to the real page.

I'm using a galaxy S3, uscellular is my carrier, the stock "internet" browser, and google as my default search engine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones