• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Sync problems. Removing & readding Gmail

zapjb

May 17, 2011
I have numerous GM accts. I listed them all on one Android. The 1st (primary acct) won't sync properly.

If I remove the 1st acct & restart the phone. Then add back this acct. Will it still be the primary acct? Or will I have to remove the other accts & add them back in the same order?

And will I lose my current Google Calendar on my phone or any other gotchas?

P.S. Is it me or does this AF Forum look weird? What happened to members posts, histories, mods etc. Is this just a ghost forum now?

If you remove the account you will lose any calendars linked to it, but they will return when you re-add it.

I've only one Google account on my devices, so while I'd hope you'd be able to re-add it as your primary (as long as you don't make another one the primary inbetween) I can't say anything from experience.

How is your internal storage? I had intractable sync problems recently, which removing and re-adding the account didn't fix, and they turned out to be due to a lack of free space (oddly I still had enough space to install apps, but this seemed to require more).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones