1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Google Voice Search doesn't work properly (Android 4.1.1)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thomasdewulf, Jul 23, 2012.

1. thomasdewulf

thomasdewulf New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    I just updated to Android Jelly Bean and wanted to use the new voice search.

When I use it,it only searches Google. It doesn't give the cards when you e.g. ask how tall Obama is. It also doesn't set a reminder when I ask.
    On the bottom of the screen it shows a little bar where "internet" is highlighted: it only searches the internet. Am I doing something wrong or is it simply not working?

Things to note: I live in Belgium and I got my update by clearing the data in "Google Services Framework"

I hope you understand what I mean

Thanks alot!

Advertisement

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but in the US, Google has disabled the Google Voice search to only bring up Google search results, due to a patent dispute with Apple.

P.S. Welcome to AF! :)

3. thomasdewulf

thomasdewulf New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Already got it to work. Thank for the info tough.

Also thanks for the welcome!

4. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Really? I seem to remember a statement saying that they haven't changed Google Now despite the patent disputes. I could be mistaken though.

5. Sporally

Sporally Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Got it working? I just flashed my girlfriend's Nexus S before she had to leave for work and had exactly the same problem. I live in Denmark and thought it was because Google had disabled it when being outside an english speaking or for all non-US regions. I know it isn't available in danish but I'm just looking to try it in english anyway.

So how did you work around it thomasdewulf? I would really like to know as I expect it to be the very same issue I'm having.

6. psydex

psydex Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Male
    I also was going to ask the same question about only showing google results.
    How did you managed to make it work?

Tags: