• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some questions? think they're stupid? POST 'EM HERE

ok hooked up a friends phone and ports shows up hook my phone up and nothing any help would be great
I'm not familiar as to why it won't bring it up, never used it on my Ascend, another question is, MUST you update to that PRL if no one around your immediate region has it? *If they do, then its only a matter of time before yours updates to* Sometimes the latest PRL may not yield the latest results if the towers around you haven't received the required upgrades in sync.

Here's another stupid question of mine, mah Ascend's being worked on...but since its being decommed, should I use it like a Guinea Pig on ROMs...?
laugh.gif

Upvote 0
I'm on cm7 using a2sd and my phone just said space running low. What can I do?

Well, how many apps do you have installed? Do you really need all your apps? What did you set your partitions at? More information is always helpful. For instance, if I had my partition set to 512 w/32 swap and was running out of space, I would probably backup all my apps with Titanium Backup then go into TB batch and select uninstall all user apps, select them all, then go down the list and unselect the ones I've used in the past couple weeks.

Upvote 0
Defunct Ascend.

Should I buy a part for it off the internet or simply R.I.P.?

Been a while since I've posted here. Mainly because I no longer own an Android Phone.
Depends what the part is, how much it costs, and if you have the ability to fix it yourself. If its going to cost more than $20-$30, I'd probably put the money toward saving for a better phone.

Reactions: starxpilot
Upvote 0
Depends what the part is, how much it costs, and if you have the ability to fix it yourself. If its going to cost more than $20-$30, I'd probably put the money toward saving for a better phone.
Cheers mate! I'm not sure, I really haven't looked, my friend is the one repairing it, for free, just need to order the part.

I highly doubt I'll find it in that price range on eBay...but still, I'm gonna miss the Ascend people. First Android experience, and I LOVE it.

Reactions: Can0dope
Upvote 0
I cannot seem to figure out how to upgrade my HTC Sensation to Gingerbread without upgrading it to Ice Cream Sandwich.
I haven't found a good link, or instructions for how to do it in my phone. I may have missed a post somewhere about these forums but I did try searching for it. :thinking:

EDIT: I realized this wasn't in the HTC Sensation forum, like a noob. Sorry!

Upvote 0
Installed GOLAuncher. Deleted and uninstalled Huawei launcher. Downloaded updated Huawei Launcher. It downloaded to download folder on SD card. I have rooted h866c from Huawei. If I factory reset will my phone start up normally or will I have to move the launcher to system files in order for it boot to the home screen?

PS I have backed the phone up with titanium backup.

Upvote 0
Okay, here's a very dumb question from a newbie w/ a new Galaxy Tab 2. I seem to have six pages on my home screen (I think that's the way to describe it). I'm only using two, the rest are blank! How do I delete the excess screens?

Actually, I lied. I've checked in settings -> app manager but I still don't see where I can uninstall some of the apps that came with my tab. I assume they're not fully installed until I click on them, but they're still taking too much space I could fill with important stuff, like games. Is there a way to get rid of them?

TIA!1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones