• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS marker app with no maps

Hello,

I have a question regarding TRUE OFFLINE GPS marker apps.
Back in the old days, there were the Garmin GPS devices, that had only an arrow and a distance, to point you to a certain GPS marker/position. I am looking for an app like this. It should only have a big arrow to where the marker is, and how far away.
To clarify, for example when I am at a big festival, and my car is somewhere in a huge carpark-field. I would like to set a marker before I leave, and then navigate back to the marker. I cannot use a map for this, since the cellular network is overloaded. (maybe sounds like a rare phenomenon, but I had this situation last saturday, have been searching for an hour).

I have not been able to find a (free) app that would do this, does anyone has any ideas?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones