• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Grad Student Researching the Cost of App Development

koven

Lurker
Nov 2, 2010
I recently returned to grad school at the University of Southern California for an MS in Systems Architecting and Engineering. For my final economics research paper, I am attempting to understand the development costs of smart phone apps and the relationship, if any, between development costs and overall success of the application. Unfortunately, surprisingly little research has been done in this field and so I developed a survey of my very own in an attempt to collect the data. For meaningful results, however, I will need a relatively large number of responses and this is why I am asking for your help.

If you have ever released a smart phone application, please complete my survey! Either way, please pass this link along to anyone you know who has had experience in this area!

The survey is pretty short, does not ask for any personal information and none is automatically collected so responses are completely anonymous. There is also a link on the "Thank you for responding" page where people can enter an email address if they would like to receive a copy of the results. Hopefully I can put together enough information to produce a really interesting paper!

Thank you for any and all of your help!

~ Koven

Full Survey Link: iPhone and Android Apps: How challenging and how profitable?

Hello,
I filled out your survey, however the only app that I have actually placed on the market as of yet (I currently have 3 other projects going on, but none of them are complete) is a bit of an unorthodox scenario. I have detailed this in the comments section of the survey.

With this said, I am VERY anxious to see your paper! It sounds like it is very interesting!

Is there an ETA on its completion?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones