• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 Case discussion thread

I currently have this. Custom skin I had created using 3M 1080 vinyl. It was good, but didnt really have that protection factor.
391407_341625232587311_1109444232_n.jpg

Looks good I have white phone too I order some of that stuff for my phone to but being vinyl I figured white would get scuff very easily do think it will scuff easily?

Upvote 0
I currently have this. Custom skin I had created using 3M 1080 vinyl. It was good, but didnt really have that protection factor.
391407_341625232587311_1109444232_n.jpg

Looks good I have white phone too I order some of that stuff for my phone to but being vinyl I figured white would get scuff very easily do think it will scuff easily?

So far it hasnt scuffed. What I did notice is that the color of my jeans rubbed on it a little. You can see it in the bottom corner on the image.

Upvote 0
i checked this whole thread out very interesting. nothing has really caught my eye as of yet. does anyone have any info on the otterbox commuter and defender series in all the new colors as of yet ??

i was very interested in getting the commuter in the night sky color but to my luck, its not available yet. and from finding out in this thread it appears they have been stalling with coming out with the colors of the otterbox for quite some time.

Upvote 0
These are the latest 2 I've ordered. I really like how the Novoskin looks. I'm especially happy with it because so far it is the only thing I've ordered that doesn't make the screen protector peel up.
The fosmon doesn't even fit. Luckily with shipping it was only like $5

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT i9300 Novoskins Duotone Bumper TPU Silicone Case White and Clear Transparent: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: Fosmon Crystal Clear Case for the Samsung Galaxy S III - Clear (Back Cover): Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
I just went ahead and bided on the Black gameboy case from ebay, i'm sure ill win it, considering these are MASS PRODUCED. i feel the black should look good with the pebble blue S3

Black New Nintendo Game Boy Soft Cover Case For Samsung Galaxy S3 Siii I9300 | eBay

for $0.99 cents you can't beat that... :D this should hold me over until the night sky commuter otter box comes out.

Oh by the way i contacted Otterbox and asked about the ETA of the nightsky commuter for the S3 here is the response i just got.

Dear chris,

We are currently working on a case for this device but do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend keeping an eye on our website or Facebook page where we will be sure to post more information as soon as it is available. You can also sign up for our email notification to be among the first to know when it becomes available.

Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Melissa C.

Customer Service Representative

P: (855) 688-7269

F:(970) 493-1755

New iPad Cases, iPhone 4S Cases & More // OtterBox.com

OtterBox

209 S Meldrum

Fort Collins, Co 80521

Needless to say it seems their taking their sweet time with it..... :mad:

Upvote 0
I bought this today so will let you know my thoughts...but I figured for the price even getting the travel charger and a 32GB SD card for $30.00 shipped was good. It comes with 5 items..

• Galaxy S3 Black Rubberized Hard Case
  • Galaxy S3 Screen Protector
  • SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card
  • Car & Travel Charger
Get down to business with this Samsung Galaxy S3 Essential Bundle Package w/ Black Rubberized Hard Case, Screen Protector, SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card, Car & Travel Charger and get Free Shipping!

Upvote 0
I bought this today so will let you know my thoughts...but I figured for the price even getting the travel charger and a 32GB SD card for $30.00 shipped was good. It comes with 5 items..

• Galaxy S3 Black Rubberized Hard Case
  • Galaxy S3 Screen Protector
  • SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card
  • Car & Travel Charger
Get down to business with this Samsung Galaxy S3 Essential Bundle Package w/ Black Rubberized Hard Case, Screen Protector, SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card, Car & Travel Charger and get Free Shipping!

That is one heck of a deal if you didn't have any of the items provided.

Upvote 0
I currently am running my S3 almost naked. I have a screen protector on it of the anti glare anti smudge type and absolutely love it. Everyone that looks at my phone comments on how awesome the screen protector is and the phone LOL. I use a belt clip case that my S3 slides inside of. I love it and it will allow me to run some type of thin TPU style case on it for some extra protection while I am using it. I also look forward to the extra grip it will provide. I picked it up at a local Sprint store. Cheap and serves it's purpose.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ChadReuss/20120812_202541.jpg

20120812_202541.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ChadReuss/20120812_202523.jpg

20120812_202523.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ChadReuss/20120812_202454.jpg

20120812_202454.jpg

Upvote 0
Providing a direct link would make it easier for others to provide relevant feedback....

Someone posted a link to this case/battery a few posts up
EDIT: actually, it was the same person, post 1224. Pay attention yourself before you call someone else out, or you don't look too good...

I have read on here where people talk about TPU cases, but a lot of cases out there are labeled as "silicone" cases......what's the difference?

Anyone have any good/bad experiences with AccessoryGeeks? Buy Cell Phone Accessories, iPod Accessories, iPad Accessories @ AccessoryGeeks today! Mobile Phone Accessories for Great Prices & Free Shipping!

Silicone is much softer than TPU and provides very little impact protection. TPU is the best of both worlds between silicone and hard plastic. It provides decent drop protection, while still being soft enough to stretch over your phone, which makes it less prone to scratch up the phone's finish if something happens to get between the case and phone

Upvote 0
Someone posted a link to this case/battery a few posts up
EDIT: actually, it was the same person, post 1224. Pay attention yourself before you call someone else out, or you don't look too good...

Forcing others to look through previous posts for relevant information (i.e. links) is hardly helpful.....
;)

If the previous post was quoted, it would make everyone's life easier, unless you are personally going to perform this service for everyone on this forum.

Glad you have extra time in your schedule.....:)

Upvote 0
i checked this whole thread out very interesting. nothing has really caught my eye as of yet. does anyone have any info on the otterbox commuter and defender series in all the new colors as of yet ??

i was very interested in getting the commuter in the night sky color but to my luck, its not available yet. and from finding out in this thread it appears they have been stalling with coming out with the colors of the otterbox for quite some time.

The white ones are out so are the plum for three commuter. I waited on three night sky for a month and finally canceled my order. Good luck

Upvote 0
Silicone is much softer than TPU and provides very little impact protection.

I don't know why you say this. It seems obvious to me that silicone will offer high impact protection because of its elasticity.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it seems to go against my intuitive understanding of material properties.

Upvote 0
I just went ahead and bided on the Black gameboy case from ebay, i'm sure ill win it, considering these are MASS PRODUCED. i feel the black should look good with the pebble blue S3

Black New Nintendo Game Boy Soft Cover Case For Samsung Galaxy S3 Siii I9300 | eBay

for $0.99 cents you can't beat that... :D this should hold me over until the night sky commuter otter box comes out.

Oh by the way i contacted Otterbox and asked about the ETA of the nightsky commuter for the S3 here is the response i just got.

Dear chris,

We are currently working on a case for this device but do not have an ETA at this time. We recommend keeping an eye on our website or Facebook page where we will be sure to post more information as soon as it is available. You can also sign up for our email notification to be among the first to know when it becomes available.

Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Melissa C.

Customer Service Representative

P: (855) 688-7269

F:(970) 493-1755

New iPad Cases, iPhone 4S Cases & More // OtterBox.com

OtterBox

209 S Meldrum

Fort Collins, Co 80521

Needless to say it seems their taking their sweet time with it..... :mad:

I have this case for my Blue GS3 and really like it. I was surprised that it does not feel cheap. It feels as if it will give the phone some protection. It looks good on the phone also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones