• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS4 owners...How long does it take your phone to charge?

Depends on how I am charging and the rating of the transformer I'm using. Here are some examples:

If I use the wall plug and cable provided by Samsung with my S4, then I charge at about 1900 mA. The wall charger is rated at 2.0 A. My phone charges very quickly.

I have an HTC charger that is rated lower than that, so I get about 1340 mA. That charges the phone somewhat slower than the one above.

I have another wall charger that only charges at about 300 mA. It's not designed to charge phones, but other micro-USB chargeable devices (e.g., blue tooth device), so charging is very slow, and may not be sufficient to actually charge the phone if I am using the phone. That is, the battery drain may be about the same as the charging.

Using a computer USB2 slot, I charge at about 460 mA--about 1/4 as fast as an OEM wall charger. From my USB3, I get about 700 mA.

For quickest results, then, use the Samsung OEM wall charger.

Here is a free app that can tell you the amperage of the charger you have plugged into the phone. There is a pro/paid version, as well:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abmantis.galaxychargingcurrent.free&hl=en

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones