• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] EVO3D - Bootloop

Hi.

Quickly on my phones h-boot etc:

shooter u pvt ship s-on rl
hboot_1.53.0007
radio-11.25.3504.06m
open dsp-v2.6.0.2226.00.0202
emmc boot
may22 2012,01:06:07

Yesterday, midday (UK) my phone just died with around 20% battery.

I thought it was a bit odd, but then, my phone started back up and just hung.
I've been in this situation before, but just reflashed the back up ROM I have made in 4EXT and went on with my day.

It's happened 5 times in the last month and a half, but this problem seems very new (I am pretty sure that the crashes were a symptom of this now..).

I have tried:

• Formatting all partitions, one by one, and all, removing the orginal microSD.
  • Flashed from my backup.
  • Flashing from a stock ROM
  • Flashing from a custom ROM that I know to work
  • Reflashing the recovery (4EXT)
  • Used recovery .img files such as 4EXT recovery touch etc.
  • Formatting cache via fastboot.

Every time I go into 4EXT recovery and try to format everything it claims that my cache is locked somehow.

I have tried formatting the cache from fastboot, but I get the following:

Untitled.png

Inside info it shows:

data ext4 --MiB --MiB
cache ext4 --MiB --MiB

I'm not sure what else to do.

Does this mean this handset is dead? Or, is there a way I can recover it?

I can get in to 4EXT and fastboot etc no problem. I am now getting to the point of panic as it is my only working handset and expecting important sms/calls!

I don't even care about saved files/apps etc on it as I have all my media/photos etc backed up, I just need to get my phone back up and running.
Bit concerned as even my personal backup is now no longer working, and all others throw out error messages on attempt of flash..

I feel like I have tried everything.. It's been two days of hunting, reading, getting lost in dead end threads and links that either do not work, or files that are broken or dead.

Now tired and stressed, please help!

On boot of 4EXT this warning also comes up:

"ATTN: recovery is in safe mode
this is because the following partition is not accessible: "cache"
Please enter the wipe menu and wipe cache!
If you changed hboot you should chose to format all partitions (except sdcard)

Afterwards please reboot recovery"

It seems to be persistent even after formatting all multiple times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones