• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[GSM] Official Extended Battery and Pogo Pin Dock

brinky

Sep 29, 2010
38.897605896, -77.0365219116
Just got a GSM Nexus from the play store last month and love it. But I am not a fan of that lip samsung likes to use on their phones. I wanted the official samsung battery, but no one in the US seems to sell them. I found a ebay seller in Korea and picked one up. While it doesn't give much extra battery life, I think it looks better then the stock, with a nice smooth back.

I also wanted the dock with pogo pins, but again no one is selling them here in the US. A ebay seller in the UK hooked me up with that. The extended battery fits nicely and after I manually installed the google car dock and dock home apk's it works great, which I am guessing is why google isn't selling them. The OS doesn't have support for the dock built in.

That was until I tried to rotate the dock too far. Seemed something came loose. After figuring out how to get the thing apart I realized it was pretty poorly designed. Not much slack on the cables and when you rotate it pulls them off the pogo pin circuit board. So after re-engineering the dock with some extra long cables and better securing them I am a happy camper.

Any one else break their dock by over rotating it?

tl:dr I love the official extended battery and the pogo pin car dock.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones