• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gt racing motor academy

It was working fine for me since the day I bought it came out on December 24th. But then late last week they released an update for the game and after I installed it, it would not work for me, just as you mentioned. I tried reinstalling it as well as deleting the temp data on sdcard\gameloft\GTRacing but that didn't work.

What worked for me was going to settings\applications\manage applications\GT Racing HD\clear data

After doing this my saved games were wiped, but the game now works perfectly for me now on my Samsung Galaxy S.

Upvote 0
Before this update came out whenever I tried to go to multi-player it would freeze on me. This update fixed that.

Gameloft seems much quicker at fixing issues than EA. As I am still waiting for EA to fix Need for Speed Shift with my Galaxy S. The game worked great when I first bought it, then they released an update and it no longer works. That was 4 weeks ago and no word from EA and no update to speak of.

For some reason Gameloft is the most hated Android game developer and I just don't get it.

Upvote 0
For some reason Gameloft is the most hated Android game developer and I just don't get it.
Because they don't support the Android Market.

On Android Market - if you have bought an app and for some reason have to change your phone you don't have to pay again to re-download the app. Not so with Gameloft. On Android Market you get to try out your purchase and get a refund if you don't like it. Not so with Gameloft. On Android Market you get free updates to your apps - Gameloft???

Upvote 0
Because they don't support the Android Market.

On Android Market - if you have bought an app and for some reason have to change your phone you don't have to pay again to re-download the app. Not so with Gameloft. On Android Market you get to try out your purchase and get a refund if you don't like it. Not so with Gamelofts. On Android Market you get free updates to your apps - Gameloft???

I can go to gameloft.com and go to my downloads and login with my email to download any game I purchased. I can do this on the desktop or mobile device.

When I went from my Nexus One to a Galaxy S I emailed them ahead of time and had new copies of all of my games emailed to me ready for the new device FREE OF CHARGE.

Also when you go to Gameloft.com on your phone it only shows games that work on your device. The Android Market can't do this and the issue with NFS Shift would be fixed with an approach like Gameloft. As far as being able to tell if you will like the game. 15 minutes isn't gonna do it on the market so there is no arguement there. These are popular games and you can find plenty of gameplay videos and reviews online to help you decide.

When I launch a game if there is an update it prompts me and downloads it AUTOMATICALLY.

Why does everyone keep repeating untrue crap and calling it the reason they don't like Gameloft?

Upvote 0
i lost my first droid a few months back and i had 3 or 4 gameloft games on it..i got the replacement and if i wanted those games again i would need to spend another 20 bucks..there is a whole emailing proccess i guess to get back your games..i just want the new modern to come out as well as gt academy..the whole downloading thing outside of the market is already an inconvenience let alone going to there sit and seeing hot games for my device that i cant download

I can go to gameloft.com and go to my downloads and login with my email to download any game I purchased. I can do this on the desktop or mobile device.

When I went from my Nexus One to a Galaxy S I emailed them ahead of time and had new copies of all of my games emailed to me ready for the new device FREE OF CHARGE.

Also when you go to Gameloft.com on your phone it only shows games that work on your device. The Android Market can't do this and the issue with NFS Shift would be fixed with an approach like Gameloft. As far as being able to tell if you will like the game. 15 minutes isn't gonna do it on the market so there is no arguement there. These are popular games and you can find plenty of gameplay videos and reviews online to help you decide.

When I launch a game if there is an update it prompts me and downloads it AUTOMATICALLY.

Why does everyone keep repeating untrue crap and calling it the reason they don't like Gameloft?

Upvote 0
i lost my first droid a few months back and i had 3 or 4 gameloft games on it..i got the replacement and if i wanted those games again i would need to spend another 20 bucks..there is a whole emailing proccess i guess to get back your games..i just want the new modern to come out as well as gt academy..the whole downloading thing outside of the market is already an inconvenience let alone going to there sit and seeing hot games for my device that i cant download

I think Gameloft wants the whole world to access their games and the market currently can't do that. Also just think how awful the experience would be in the market. People without supported devices would buy the game and then give it a bad rating. It would be a mess.

There really are positives and negatives to doing business both ways. Gameloft's way is getting better all the time. They didn't used to offer the option to re-download, they also didn't used to have auto updating.

In it's current state I find it quite usable. Considering the depth of games they offer I think it's about time the Android community embraces them because I don't see any other developer bringing that much console quality 3D games to Android.

Upvote 0
I think Gameloft wants the whole world to access their games and the market currently can't do that. Also just think how awful the experience would be in the market. People without supported devices would buy the game and then give it a bad rating. It would be a mess.

There really are positives and negatives to doing business both ways. Gameloft's way is getting better all the time. They didn't used to offer the option to re-download, they also didn't used to have auto updating.

In it's current state I find it quite usable. Considering the depth of games they offer I think it's about time the Android community embraces them because I don't see any other developer bringing that much console quality 3D games to Android.
of course you find it usuable. you either work for them or youre their biggest fan fellating them all day. i cant really tell which but its really obvious that you would defend them to the death. you post on a lot of android sites defending them

cmon son, using the excuse 'risk of bad reviews' really lol. if i know a game is quality (and it seems like gameloft games are from what i played on the iphone), some bad reviews from some idiots tryin to play it on their flipphone would not stop me from buying it.

i really want to buy gameloft games since there really isnt that much of a selection on android, but i will not support gameloft games as long as they arent on the android market like all my other apps.

Upvote 0
i really want to buy gameloft games since there really isnt that much of a selection on android, but i will not support gameloft games as long as they arent on the android market like all my other apps.

Why choose an open platform if your gonna be so closed minded about where you buy your software? There are plenty of platforms that will provide for your needs quite nicely, so why Android?

Upvote 0
of course you find it usuable. you either work for them or youre their biggest fan fellating them all day. i cant really tell which but its really obvious that you would defend them to the death. you post on a lot of android sites defending them

I do not work for them but I think they are currently the best developer making 3D games on Android. They launched with some bad business decisions that cost their reputation dearly. But they have fixed every issue I had with them so I am now a supporter. I stand up for what I believe, even the little things.

I also defended Samsung through the whole anti Samsung movement over the past few weeks due to their delay in updates for the Galaxy S in the US. They have updated every Galaxy S phone in Canada so I believed it was carriers causing the issue.

I wasn't always a supporter of Gameloft. When they first launch I had big issues with them. Wrote a few blog post about it which got thousands of hits. But then they addressed every issue I had with them and I can't help but think that my post has something to do with it.

Google "Do Not buy anything from Gameloft"

Basically I don't just follow the herd, I make my own decisions even if it goes against the group.

Upvote 0
cmon son, using the excuse 'risk of bad reviews' really lol. if i know a game is quality (and it seems like gameloft games are from what i played on the iphone), some bad reviews from some idiots tryin to play it on their flipphone would not stop me from buying it.

It's a fact that it's an issue. Take a closer look at whats going on with EA and NFS. The story just got more interesting today.

All I know is there are thousands of people buying the game and it's not working on quite a few phones. Unfortunately since it takes a while to download, it's usually past the 15 minute return windows before they figure it out.

EA didn't like the bad reviews for their games so much they removed them from the Market and then added them back again. Now with no comments, maybe they fixed the issue and now want a clean slate. Either way if I want to re-download the game I have to buy it and it's now $10.

I still stand by that in till Google allows developers to target specific devices Gameloft's strategy may be the better option.

Upvote 0
Why choose an open platform if your gonna be so closed minded about where you buy your software? There are plenty of platforms that will provide for your needs quite nicely, so why Android?
honestly i did it because i was forced onto verizon. i had been buying the iphones before i had a droid x. as it turns out though, android hardware is built pretty nicely. it's crap like what gameloft does that makes it so android will take so long to get an achievement like this Apple's App Store hits 10 billion downloads (update: we have a winner) -- Engadget

it seems pretty funny that android has such a nice marketshare in hardware, but unfortunately without all devs getting behind the android market, it looks a lot smaller and new devs, especially ones with good apps on iphone, will take one look at android market and be like, "meh doesnt look like android users buy apps i shouldnt port my gold over here i guess".

It's a fact that it's an issue. Take a closer look at whats going on with EA and NFS. The story just got more interesting today.

All I know is there are thousands of people buying the game and it's not working on quite a few phones. Unfortunately since it takes a while to download, it's usually past the 15 minute return windows before they figure it out.

EA didn't like the bad reviews for their games so much they removed them from the Market and then added them back again. Now with no comments, maybe they fixed the issue and now want a clean slate. Either way if I want to re-download the game I have to buy it and it's now $10.

I still stand by that in till Google allows developers to target specific devices Gameloft's strategy may be the better option.

hmm yes i just noticed it was you who sent in the tip for the ea story over at droid gamers lol. and until they explain why they did what they did, i have no reason to believe any of the claims that the editor probably copy pasted from your email. seems like the words of an anti-ea gameloft zealot to me :rolleyes:

edit: but seriously all im sayin is that if that cod clone modern combat 2 came out on the android store i'd buy the crap out of it. but until then sorry but giving money to something i dont support would only encourage them to keep doing it

anyone else?

Upvote 0
honestly i did it because i was forced onto verizon. i had been buying the iphones before i had a droid x. as it turns out though, android hardware is built pretty nicely. it's crap like what gameloft does that makes it so android will take so long to get an achievement like this Apple's App Store hits 10 billion downloads (update: we have a winner) -- Engadget

it seems pretty funny that android has such a nice marketshare in hardware, but unfortunately without all devs getting behind the android market, it looks a lot smaller and new devs, especially ones with good apps on iphone, will take one look at android market and be like, "meh doesnt look like android users buy apps i shouldnt port my gold over here i guess".

hmm yes i just noticed it was you who sent in the tip for the ea story over at droid gamers lol. and until they explain why they did what they did, i have no reason to believe any of the claims that the editor probably copy pasted from your email. seems like the words of an anti-ea gameloft zealot to me :rolleyes:

edit: but seriously all im sayin is that if that cod clone modern combat 2 came out on the android store i'd buy the crap out of it. but until then sorry but giving money to something i dont support would only encourage them to keep doing it

anyone else?

I like EA I've been playing NFS Hot Pursuit on my PC and look forward to playing it on my phone. I have NFS Shift on my top Android games list of 2010. EA released an update a month ago which made the game crash back to the desktop shortly after launching it. I was waiting for an update for a month and then they just pulled it from the market in Canada. But yeah totally no reason to be upset with EA I'm just as you said, right.

anyone else? really?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones