• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GTA III coming to Galaxy S2

iPrice: it's a bit over 3 pounds. total download is under 500mb.
Runs a little laggy (amount of cars onscreen is a factor) , but still playable, they've done a good job, it's been modified a bit, but it seems they only did what was necessary, so it still looks like it's a PS2 game, which means we can brag our phone has PS2 power somewhat.
Hopefully the iOS version is downgraded.

Upvote 0
Not surprised on the cutscenes. OMAP3, OMAP4, and Tegra 2 uses hardware video decodes whereas Exynos doesn't. An update can properly offload this to software media decoders, so hopefully it's fixed soon.

There is no perfect phone, everyone has it's ups and downs. This is one case where we don't have the superior device. Feels weird, doesn't it? :)

Upvote 0
Downloaded gta3 knowing that it wasn't officially supported on the s2, but I read that some people are getting good experiences. Mine is mixed. It will play for a few minutes and then crash. Anyone know when an official s2 version will be released. I left iPhone and apple for the s2 and Android. So far I'm impressed, but this has left a sour taste in my mouth. I thought I had purchased one of the better phones available, and then I learn that rockstar won't support the s2 from the beginning. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones