1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[GUIDE] ROOT 5.1.1 metro pcs stylo WITHOUT PC!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidlover01, Jan 26, 2016.

1. androidlover01

I found out how to root the metro pcs variant 5.1.1 without a pc. here are the steps. DO THIS ALL THE PHONE. I have wondered if we could root the 5.1.1 stylo without a pc then i have found a way.

how to root guide
    1.go to the kingroot website and grab the kingroot apk and install it. make sure you have the unknown sources check under security settings in the stock settings app.
    Link to kingroot site - http://www.kingroot.net/wap

2.open up the kingroot app and it load up until you see the blue button on the bottom of the app. press it! then wait till it gets to about 25% then bam you should be fully rooted.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3.then it will give you a knock off app called kinguser. but wait there is a way to replace kinguser with supersu.

4. here is the guide to replace kinguser with supersu!
    link to guide - http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How-to-Remove-Replace-KingUser-KingRoot-with-SuperSU.html

[​IMG]

5.after that open the supersu app and update the su binary. the REBOOT.
    [​IMG]

how to install twrp recovery after root!

1.download and install flashify through the google play store! LINK - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en

2.download the twrp recovery img here LINK - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347823826

3.flash that .img on the recovery partition in the flashify app the reboot the stylo.
    THATS IT.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

After you have flashed the twrp recovery img then download and flash this (supersu zip file) in via twrp recovery. To update the supersu binary script.

Link to the official supersu update zip from the supersu official website.

LINK - https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/

thank you i hope this helped some peoeple

#1 androidlover01, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Gr8guyinSF, bb225, 6th_Hokage and 3 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. It worked for me. You just have to follow the instructions very closely. I saw a lot of comments saying the script for removing the malware didnt work for them.
    If not done right, the script shows a bunch of denied permissions, removes the Kingroot app as well as root access. Run Kingroot a second time with a script handler app and it should work. Second malware app is left behind when finished, just simply uninstall it.

Root success.

3. Gr8guyinSF

Gr8guyinSF Lurker

Thank you, it worked for me as well. Question: Where did TWRP App go? When do I use it? Do I need to flash every App I download? When do I back up?
    Thanks.

4. jdgambino21

jdgambino21 Lurker

I hit yes when ss asked to update but the it says if im recovering to normal ot twrp? Above on the structions it says it will say reboot so im not sure if im supposed install twrp or what.. Lg g stylo

5. androidlover01

Just push normal installation

6. jdgambino21

jdgambino21 Lurker

Ok i did that and it said there other superusers and if it wanted me to uninstall.. I followed as best i could.. Grrr

7. androidlover01

8. Gr8guyinSF

Gr8guyinSF Lurker

Should I install TARP instead?

Attached Files:

9. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Okay so you're rooted and have SuperSU, yes you definitely want to flash twrp. I'd recommend making a backup of everything from within twrp as well. Remember twrp is only for the Metro and T-Mobile Stylo, nothing else.

Gr8guyinSF likes this.
  10. jahunt78

jahunt78 Well-Known Member

I have everything done but I get secure boot error after flashing twrp recovery img. I noticed the recovery destination. Flashify is set to a temp file location. Any way to change the destination?

11. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

That doesn't matter, you have to have allow OEM unlock checked in settings that's it.

12. jahunt78

Ok got it. Haven't bothered to root anything in a while. Have a note 3 and never needed to root it. Got a stylo and it needs root and debloating

Blu8 likes this.
  13. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Oh I hear that.... Just a heads up Marshmallow is out, if you have a T-Mobile Stylo, you can also flash a T-Mobile kdz on a Metro phone and get it.... If you're interested, rooting could probably be put off

14. jahunt78

15. jahunt78

Guessing the kdz had a thread somewhere?

16. jahunt78

Thanks I appreciate it.

Blu8 likes this.
  17. holokost

holokost Newbie

#19 holokost, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews