• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [[GUIDE]] Unbrick/Manual Update (UPDATED)

Upvote 0
UPDATED: January 22nd

Got my G2 yesterday and I figured out how to unbrick it, which happens to also work for the L9.
I take no credit other than bringing it to you.

1) Download the v10dkdz or v10ekdz

2) Download LG mobile support tool and Install it. (It will open up when its done just CLOSE IT OFF)

3) Download / Install FlashTool (R&D Test Tool) found here. Only download flash tool file.
Directory Listing of //Xda/LG Optimus G Pro/LG Software/ %2F4)

Power off your phone, press Volume Up & and then plug in the usb cable (enter to a download mode/upgrade mode)

5) Extract FlashTool and run UpTestEX.exe

6) In R&D Test Tool window,
Select Type = 3GQCT (top left hand side)
PhoneMode = DIAG (top right hand side)
Select kdz file = click to select your LG stock rom *.kdz
Click "Normal web upgrade test" (bottom right hand side)
Then another window will pop up, click "Upgrade Start" button
wait a few seconds, another window "Select Country & Language" pop up,
=> Country=Republic of Korea
=> Language=English
you can click ok to proceed

7) All Done and wait for finish!

VIDEO tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8muaV-mOrec&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you changed the hosts file to use offline method previously, you'll have to open up the hosts file using notepad ran as administrator and delete the last two lines you added, save and restart your computer

When i hit the upgrade start button i dont get the pop up of select country & language. Then i hit upgrade recovery and get time elapsed.

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
LG Mobile Support Tool says: Your device has the latest software available from the LG Mobile Support Tool. Please visit LG Support Website for further information on updates.

Phone screen says: S/W Upgrade. Please wait while upgrading....

So I guess my question would be...is something happening or not?

WHat kind of computer do you have? and what windows? Im having the same issues but ends at time elapsed? ;(

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones