• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root gummy to liberty?

Ageguy

Jan 2, 2011
ok i have looked but can not find anything unless im looking in the wrong places. i currently am rooted running gummyjar 2.5. i want to move over to liberty though since it has more support. do i just go into clockworks and reload my backup i made before i put gummy on then install liberty? is there anything else i need to do so i dont mess the phone up. thanks in advance for the help

ok i have looked but can not find anything unless im looking in the wrong places. i currently am rooted running gummyjar 2.5. i want to move over to liberty though since it has more support. do i just go into clockworks and reload my backup i made before i put gummy on then install liberty? is there anything else i need to do so i dont mess the phone up. thanks in advance for the help
yes if you made a backup after you rooted but before flashing a rom i would restore that as a clean base then follow all instructions to install liberty here they are
Install:
make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyX/2-X.X.zip
-reboot

Installing themes or Addons
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "mounts and storage"
-select mount /system
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select TheameName.zip
-reboot
and here is a link to the full thread on liberty
[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones