• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hacking the HTC lock screen

sequre

Mar 11, 2010
I know there is a way to edit the HTC "swipe down" lock screen. I don't run any custom roms and would like to change my lockscreen without doing that. I've used widget locker but i would prefer to keep the swipe down method. Are there any how to's to edit the framework APK etc? Last time I toyed around with that file, I screwed it up and the phone was caught in a boot loop. :) I have the files i need for this riptide lock screen. Just need some guidance on what to move/edit etc.

cap2010102618461.jpg

Screenshot by member: ACD168

I metamorphed that file and got trapped in bootloop battery pull wouldn't even fix it. I had to nand restore. Am I using metamorph wrong, or is this file bunk?

Glad it wasn't just me. Seems like it might be the file because I pulled the framework apk and manually edited files. Did the same thing here.

Sorry to hear this, what ROMs are you attempting this on..
I recently used this same MOD yesterday to no problems..

Upvote 0
I am running no custom ROM's. Is there a good "how to" write up on editing the framework.apk ?

So I backed up the nand and tried again (manually editing files). Zipped back up (with no compression) and renamed to APK. No sooner do i push the framework back into system, I get force closes, and a reboot back into another boot loop. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones