• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Had Eris flashed to metro, can't update or root now.

Zto

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
Hey all.

Went to metroPCS and they flashed my Eris. If anyone is unfamiliar with what MetroPCS does, they basically ransack the little cells and take away all their ability, it may as well be a flip phone from the late 90's. Works fine except I can't use any of it's magical smart phone powers anymore, it's firmware is back to 1.5 and I cannot go online with it.

I need to somehow update from 1.5 to 2.1 Manually and then root it to get the ability to do *anything* besides send texts / calls, can't even send picture texts at the moment.

I've done a lot of searching but this stuff is over my head... I found a 1 click app that I've downloaded, but now I need to update to 2.1 without any internet access. I also can't figure out how to put things on the SD card in the Eris.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones