• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Halo 3: ODST Superintendent "No Public Access" Lock Screen

Lost Rookie

Lurker
Sep 22, 2009
Celebrate the release of Halo 3: ODST by this fan-made Lock Screen wallpaper!

Download the image linked below:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7813/nopublicaccesspda.jpg

Lock Screen, optimized for having the Superintendent nicely centered, and its "No Public Access" text not be covered up by the curvy date+time bar in Android, with a phone that has the same display ratio as the HTC hero.

Simply download the picture into your phone's mounted SD card in the DCIM area, go to Settings, Personalize, Lock Screen, camera photos, select my picture. Then expand the cropping window until it is as wide as my attached picture is, and drag it to the top so that the only thing cropped is some of the bottom of the picture, not the sides or top.

This image is a cropped portion of a wallpaper copyright Bungie and Microsoft Studios. Bungie already had it on their website for free download, I merely crop them for you to help you get them to look nice with pixel-perfection on the HTC Hero, since the native cropping tool won't give you pixel-perfect accuracy when cropping an image.

Here's what the image looks like (at the end of my post since it is so big). Don't worry your HTC Hero will automatically resize it to a lower resolution when you crop it for your Lock Screen.
nopublicaccesspda.jpg

Yes this picture works for the G1 as well.

I was only saying that the picture was optimized for a 320x480 resolution display ratio (the HTC Hero's display).

Sorry I didn't give the numbers before.

This picture does work for the G1 because it also has a 320 x 480 resolution display ratio.

Actually it even works for the Apple Iphone which also has 320 x 480 ratio, as long as the Apple has a cropping ability (I don't know I own an Android).

Please remember, though, that this picture was specifically made so the curvy bar (see below G1/Dream phone for what the curvy bar is) doesn't cover up the Superintendent's eyes or his "No Public Access" text (the "No Public Access" ends up between the bar and the Noifications text below it, while the Superintendent's eyes end up above the bar):
hero-lockscreen.jpg

Oh and by the way, the Android operating system just got a very big performance boost it runs like (eyeball guess) 2x smoother/faster now (1.5 "Cupcake" is that OS release) so feel free to use whatever PC Sync application your phone was given to get the new Android OS 1.5 version. If you don't have that, and can't find it on the HTC or Google website, then you have to root your phone, then simply copy the new OS to your SD card, reboot your phone, get to the root boot access screen by holding the home button and power button down for a long time (or whatever the method is for your phone) and then select the option to install the new OS! For how to do that see How to root a T-Mobile G1 and myTouch 3G Android phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones