• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Handcent duplicates??? I think only since Koush.

athflying

Nov 7, 2009
I have been using Handcent for awhile. Recently been having problems with duplicate messages in Handcent. I think it started when I switched to Koush's Rom, but I can't swear to it. I use Google Voice for all my calls and text, but I send and receive my text via Handcent using my GNumber. The default client has the duplicates tos, so I don't think it is Handcent's fault but either the phone is somehow duplicating the message or the problem is with GVoice when it forwards the text to me. I can send texts just fine and no one has complained to me about recieving double texts, so I believe it is only my incoming messages. It also isn't 100% of the time, but I would say around 80%.

Anyone else with similar problems or ideas how to solve??

So I had Handcent and had some problems, for some reason, with MMS messages not sending. With no need for Handcent and the issues, I uninstalled Handcent.

And after this uninstall...periodically...like the original poster above, but NOT 100% of the time, much less but STILL annoying and inexplicably...I have sent duplicate messages to people. SOMETIMES if I am in another app and then go back to my Chomp messaging to click on a thread to start a new message, I will see the entire or a portion of the text I had previously sent READY TO BE SENT AGAIN n the message field.

Any idea why CHOMP is having these issues?? It is because I had once used Handcent and, even though there are known issues with Handcent and it has been uninstalled, there are still "pieces" of Handcent issues left on my phones??

Thanks!!

Scott

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones