• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Handcent issues with BB 1.0

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
TWO things:
People do not get my picture messages.
AND
When the popup arrives, there is no sound alert for at least 5 seconds. I see the popup, begin to respond via voice or type, then the alert goes off and screws up the text by closing the pop up.

I WILL NOT uninstall and reinstall this app, unless I know that it will fix both of these. If you have handcent and have tweaked it, you'll understand why I don't want to do this.

Frustrating when Lil Jon screams "OOOKKKKKK" when you are "voice typing".

That makes sense. I used one of pete's scripts to do so.
I will try renaming it (removing the "com") to see if it works.
Is there another way to get it back? I thought it would remove IM app. Dammit

edit - didn't work - I couldn't even find where the disabled app was. It wasn't visible in root explorer on RW under system apps.
Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
To get any system app back that you have deleted you can simply open the ROM zip on your SD card from your computer... After copying and pasting the desired apk (it will be in the /system folder of the zip) to your Android/tool folder on your comp you can adb push it to your phone...

Already got it covered and tested it - working

Thanks though, now I know.

Upvote 0
If you use Titanium backup to back up Handcent then you can restore "data only" and it will restore all of your handcent settings. I've done it that way several times.

+1

After installing BB V1.0, I was having a problem with the LED notification for Handcent not working. I uninstalled Handcent, did a fresh install from the Market, then restored data only from TiBu and everything was working again exactly as it should.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones