• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent Messaging

hobby17

Lurker
May 5, 2010
Hey Everyone-
Just got my incredible yesterday and I am very pleased. I've answered mosy my questions searching, but one thing I cannot solve. I am using handcent messaging which I like due to the "bubbles", but each time I try to send a picture, there is a failure message. Has anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

I have the same problem but mine always sends it. I get the error but it still goes through so I just ignore it. It worked fine on Moto Droid so I assume handcent just needs to put out an update.

The bigger issue is that the stock message system jacks with your photos. Check out this thread for more info and feel free to post there if you have different results.
http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/73699-texting-pictures-question.html

Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere (pretty sure it has), but do any of you know how to get the phone to vibrate on notification with Handcent? Doesn't work for me when my dinc is in silent mode. Thanks

Otherwise, I think its a fun sms tool. I have it set up just the way I want and I do like the little bubbles. I prefer it over the stock app, but mostly for.aesthetic reasons.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere (pretty sure it has), but do any of you know how to get the phone to vibrate on notification with Handcent? Doesn't work for me when my dinc is in silent mode. Thanks

Otherwise, I think its a fun sms tool. I have it set up just the way I want and I do like the little bubbles. I prefer it over the stock app, but mostly for.aesthetic reasons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones