• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent screen orientation question

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
I really like Handcent for my text messaging, but I have one complaint or problem. When I receive a text message, Handcent will do a pop up on my X and let me do a quick response, without having to unlock my X (I like that). The problem that I have is that Handcent will only allow for portrait screen orientation in quick response mode. When I rotate my X Handcent will not rotate to landscape mode. Is this a bug in Handcent or is there a way to get it to rotate?

I cannot use those tiny keys in portrait mode to type a message:eek:

I'm also having this problem and it's annoying. I have to close the popup message and then go into it manually in order to get the keyboard to switch to landscape mode. It would be great if there was a way around this.

On a related note, if I'm using my SlideIT keyboard, the portrait keyboard is really easy to swipe on but on some days I prefer to use the stock or other keyboards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones