• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent SMS app issues Odd Ringtones

Ufkal

May 11, 2010
St. Louis..
Ok, this is a weird one for me and probably a multiple part question/issue.

1.) I use Handcent for my SMS app exclusively. HOWEVER, if my phone locks or goes to sleep, and I get a message it displays the message in both the Handcent and the stock messenger. How do I stop the stock message program from running.

2.) This issue has just started today. I have selected sounds for notifications for an incoming message. When I go into my settings, the correct sound is selected. However, when a text comes in, a song from MP3 directory (specifically RUSH - Fountain of Lamneth). I can not figure out why this is occurring.

I have uninstalled recently installed apps in the hope that it would maybe fix it but no go. So now, I'd like some advice. Thanks in advance for the assist.

1) Have you disabled all notifications for the stock SMS app? I've done this and I don't get any notifications when I receive a message—I only get notifications with Handcent.

I thought I did disable all the notifications, but I will go look again for that. Thanks.

I just went back and everything appears to be disabled, but its still popping up when a SMS comes in.?????

2) How do you select the notification sounds? Do you set up the sounds through the Handcent app itself?

Yeah in handcent its settings -> Notification Settings -> Notification Sound.

The song its playing instead isn't selected or even available as a ringtone or notification sound.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones